About Moving with the Times
Dancin’ Oxford and Pegasus Theatre are delighted to announce the Moving with The Times commissions for 2022.
Three dance artists/companies will be commissioned to present and showcase work as part of the Dancin’ Oxford 2022 Spring Dance Festival at Pegasus Theatre on 4 & 5 March 2022.
Each selected company or artist will receive a guaranteed £1,000 commission fee to create the work. The commission also includes technical support, marketing and promotion provided by Pegasus and Dancin’ Oxford (including specific promotional material). Pegasus may be able to offer some free daytime studio rehearsal space (if available).
All selected artists will be expected to perform an extract of their piece at a preview event ‘First Look’ at Pegasus Theatre on Friday 21 January 2022 at which there will be the opportunity for facilitated audience feedback.
All selected artists will be expected to attend a meeting with the Production team in late Autumn 2021 (date TBA) to discuss requirements, possibilities and deadlines for technical and marketing information.
Brief for the work
- Maximum 20-30 mins in length for each piece
- Finished piece of professional work (not work-in-progress)
- Group, solo and duet work are all welcome
- Work involving cross-art form collaboration is welcome
- Pieces should engage in some way with the title of the commission Moving with the Times
We are particularly keen to showcase work by underrepresented groups within dance, such as global majority artists, trans artists and disabled artists.
You will need to submit a detailed proposal which includes an outline of the work you would like to create as part of this commission and what you think makes your piece distinctive, striking or relevant to this time.
You will need to place the Moving with the Times commission within the wider context of your work and include longer term aspirations for the work to be created.
We also ask for you to consider and outline your intended audience.
You will need to provide a proposed rehearsal schedule to let us know how you will make the piece possible.
The deadline for submissions is 9:00am Monday 6 September 2021.
For access or enquiries please contact Claire Thompson – firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of the selection process, all shortlisted artists or companies will be required to meet with the selection panel to discuss their proposed work.
This meeting will take place during the day (between 10-3pm) on Thursday 23 September 2021 on Zoom. The selection panel will include Pegasus Theatre’s Producer, Dancin’ Oxford’s Director and Marketing lead plus an external representative.
Criteria for selection will be based on:
- The quality of the proposal and proposed work demonstrated within the proposal this may include videos / reviews / outline of how quality will be ensured.
- The nature, depth and approach to collaboration for work which involves a collaborative approach.
- The impact the commission will have on the artist or company’s own professional development.
- The clarity demonstrated around understanding of audience and how the work is pitched in order to market it effectively to your audience.
Please click on the link below for the online MWTT Commission Application Form.
Applications are also accepted via video or audio format or dyslexia-friendly form as indicated in the link below.https://forms.gle/TCrkGUqFaFQcLjqD8
More from Pegasus
Box Office: 01865 812 150
Administration: 01865 812 160
Oxford OX4 1RE
Pegasus Theatre Trust is a company limited by guarantee no. 03038190, a registered charity no. 1055305 and VAT registered no. 210914055.
© Pegasus Theatre Trust 2020 | Site by Herd