Trainee Programmer Position
This is an entry level position designed to provide the postholder with the skills and experience to begin a career in the cultural sector. We will provide on the job training, mentorship and support tailored to the successful candidate. We are looking for a person who has a passion for theatre and making things happen but who may not have previously had any experience of working in the arts. Recognising underrepresentation and a lack of opportunities available, applicants who meet the essential criteria, have not attended university and are aged 18 to 25 will be guaranteed an interview.
Over the two-year programme you will learn how to and be responsible for:
- Booking the shows that appear at Pegasus that aren’t made by us (the received programme). Ensuring that the received programme is inclusive, diverse and balanced; drawn from a broad range of local, regional and national professional companies and artists in order to attract, engage and challenge our young audiences aged 0 to 25.
- Building relationships and developing a broad knowledge of companies and artists working in the UK.
- Understanding the financial considerations and negotiating terms and deals with companies and artists.
- Working with companies and in-house teams to ensure the smooth delivery from booking to stage.
- Understanding the contract process, drafting contracts, ensuring relevant contract information is communicated to marketing and front of house, and working with finance to complete settlements.
- Monitoring and tracking against targets and evaluate our received programme.
Closing date for applications is: 8am Monday 16 March 2020
Interviews will be held: Thursday 19 March 2020
Expected start date: Monday 20 April 2020
The application pack can be found here.
Work Experience Weeks at Pegasus are an opportunity to gain an insight into the various roles required to run a theatre venue.
Each student will gain a high quality experience throughout the week and will contribute to the work in our theatre. You will spend time working on projects across marketing, HR, finance, fundraising, creative learning and front of house. We expect all our applicants to be flexible, adaptable, have initiative and a real passion for careers in a theatre.
Week Commencing 2 March 2020
Week Commencing 29 June 2020
Week Commencing 5 October 2020
The application form can be found here.
For any queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org